I'm more than just another freelance writer.
Animal Behavior Expert
I'm one of only ~300 Certified Dog Behavior Consultants in the World and am a sought-after expert in canine behavior.
Hire a writer who has published hundreds of articles on animal behavior and biology and has been quoted by Wirecutter, Hill's Science Diet, How Stuff Works, and more. I specialize in difficult behavior cases like aggression and anxiety. I'm not just going to Google something. If you want to write about dogs, I am one of the experts.
Fast, Efficient Writer
I got a degree in biology on the "block plan" of 3.5-week classes. I love working with deadlines.
The block plan taught me when it's time to put my head down and get to work. I learned to immerse myself in my writing and my studies, and I still do this today. I'm motivated to learn and get good results so that I can spend my weekends in the mountains or on the ocean. My work is deadline-focused, in-depth, and science-oriented.
I love sharing fun facts. I have:
- Helped revamp the decisionmaking process regarding outcomes of animals in an animal shelter.
- Instructed other dog trainers on how to conduct virtual behavior consultations.
- Mist netted bats in the Amazon rainforest and birds in the Chiricahua Mountains.
- Clicker trained hippos.
- Trained thousands of dogs of all shapes, sizes, and behavior problems.
- Founded a college Nordic ski team.
- Competed in 50-kilometer ski marathons (and a few running marathons).
- Studied the factors influencing stress and stereotypic behaviors in zoo-housed gorillas.
- Researched functional vocalizations of Monk Parakeets.